Health Sciences for Human Rights
Health Sciences for Human Rights (HS4HR) is a student-led organization that aims to do the following:
- Provide a safe, supportive, and confidential environment for lesbian, gay, bisexual, and transgender (LGBT) students of the health sciences campus and their allies.
- Provide key resources and contacts for students of the health sciences campus and their allies.
- Serve as an advocate for LGBT patients by supporting inclusion of LGBT health issues in program curricula.
- Serve as an educational forum on issues specifically impacting LGBT providers and their patients.
- Break down prejudices and misconceptions that act as barriers to education and patient care.
If you are supportive of the mission of HS4HR and if you are interested in joining us, we invite you to contact us and/or come to a meeting to learn more and to become an advocate for human rights in the health care professions!
Monthly meetings are currently scheduled for the 1st Tuesday of each month at 5:00 p.m.
If you have questions or need additional information contact Carolyn Childress at (502) 852-3267.