Advantages of the ProCard Program
- Efficient, timely, and cost-effective method of payment for small dollar transactions (expenses incurred to process a small dollar purchase can run as high as the price of the item itself).
- The card may be used for items that are needed immediately.
- Participating departments will be allowed to procure low dollar items in person, or by mail, phone, or through the Internet.
- Eliminates the need for most requisitions that currently generate an automatic payment. (Registrations, memberships, subscriptions, etc.)
- Vendors will be paid immediately by the credit card company, increasing vendor good will, and at times generating better discounts.
- The university will make one payment per month to PNC Bank, rather than one payment per vendor.
- Eliminates the need for petty cash reimbursements.