2013 Holiday Cards "Buy Local" Shopping Tour
You are invited to go on a fun excursion to some of Louisville’s most unique, homegrown businesses.
- Friday, Dec. 6, 2013 from 8 a.m. until 6 p.m.
- Shopping until 4 p.m.
- Reception/Happy Hour from 4 p.m. to 6 p.m.
- Only $35 until Nov 1.
$40 from Nov. 2 - Nov. 27
- Space is limited. RSVP by Nov. 27
To register or for more information: Alice Wissel, 502.852.3533
About the trip
This trip is ideal for new faculty and staff and their families or for employees and friends who want to explore the shops and restaurants that make Louisville unique.
For a full itinerary of the day's events, click here.
- Start the day with festive drinks and light breakfast at the University Club
- Board a chartered bus to hop and shop the local stores and restaurants that “keep Louisville weird” with fun and games along the way. We’ll hit Butchertown, South Fourth Street,NULU and Lexington Avenue, including lunch on your own at one of the many uniquely Louisville establishments
- Participate in the LIBA Contest for a chance to win a $1,000 shopping spree at LIBA businesses.
- Finish the day with a happy hour at the University Club. Sample and learn to make custom holiday drinks, munch on hors d'oeuvres, learn how to create holiday wreaths and decorations, and stay as we draw for valuable prizes