All Standard Permit mailings, including Non-Profit, must be checked against the National Change of Address Database and be processed with USPS approved software.
The Permit Mail Center provides this service as well as the following services:
Preparing permit mail for the non-profit/presorted standard discounts/ink-jetting addresses and sorting by zip codes
Inserting material into envelopes
Applying Permit Imprint
Delivering mail to and processing through the United States Postal Service
The permit center offers these same services for all classes and for campus mailings.
Postal Services is authorized to reject any mailings that do not conform with USPS requirements and University guidelines.
- All mailings should be scheduled 3 to 5 days in advance of arrival to Permit Center.
- All permit mailings must have a minimum of 200 pieces. All pieces must be identical in weight, size and content.
- Mail pieces must have a University of Louisville return address using the respective department name and the unique zip code 40292 unless otherwise instructed.
- Mail pieces must have the permit indicia (Non-Profit or Pre-Sorted Standard) in the top right hand corner either applied at the time of printing or applied during the ink-jet addressing process. This serves as the postage.
- No handwritten messages or signatures on mailpieces are allowed.
- A signed meter card, designated permit center, must accompany each mailing with the total exact piece count and the valid speedtype.
- A sample copy must accompany mailing. The sample must be on file in the permit center for audit purposes.
- Mailings contracted to an outside mailing vendor must be approved by the Permit Mail Center and comply with the sample copy and meter card prior to delivery to the mailing vendor.
- Mailing must be scheduled to ensure that finances are available for postage.
For more information regarding Pre-Sort Standard and Non-Profit mail please call Ronda Watt at (502) 852-5570.