Candidates must complete 24 credit hours of course work and a six credit hour thesis.
Core Courses - 6 hours
POLS 670 Scope of Political Science
POLS 671 Methods of Political Research
Three of the following courses - 9 hours
- POLS 619 Seminar in Public Policy
- POLS 625 Seminar in Public Administration
- POLS 629 Seminar in American Politics
- POLS 630 Seminar in Political Theory
- POLS 639 Seminar in International Relations
- POLS 649 Seminar in Comparative Politics
Electives - 9 hours
Up to 9 elective hours may be at the 500-level. Up to 6 hours may be independent study (POLS 691) credit.