Students are normally expected to present:
- An overall undergraduate GPA of 3.0 or a 3.2 GPA in the final two years of undergraduate study (last 60 semester hours)
- A combined verbal and quantitative score of 1000 on the old GRE; 153 on the verbal, 144 on the quantitative, and 4.0 on the analytic writing on the new GRE. A student falling moderately below these levels may still be admitted on a conditional basis if there is some evidence demonstrating that she or he can perform at the graduate level.
- Two letters of recommendation. The standardized electronic form must be accompanied by a separate letter of recommendation. A comment or two on the standardized electronic form is not adequate. The separate letter can be uploaded when the referee submits the standardized electronic form.
- A personal statement, the statement should be 300-500 words in length (typed) in essay form detailing educational and professional experiences and goals as these relate to the pursuit of graduate studies in the Political Science Department at the University of Louisville.
- To begin the application process please click here.
Application for admission must be made by:
July 15 (Fall semester);
November 15 (Spring semester);
These deadlines are effective September 1, 2012.