Holiday Safety Bulletin
With the holidays approaching, we typically experience an increase in wallet, purse and money thefts, as well as theft of articles from parked vehicles.
There are a few precautions you can take to remove or reduce the opportunity for thefts and we recommend you consider the following tips for the holiday season:
- Avoid keeping large amounts of cash on hand in the office or in your purse.
- Lock your purse in a file drawer when in the office. Do not put it in the foot well of your desk.
- Remove wrapped packages and other personal items from view in your vehicle and store them in the trunk.
- Personal items should be stored out of sight and in a locked compartment. An even better idea is take them home with you for the holidays.
- Before leaving for the holiday break, turn off all small appliances and unplug the Christmas tree lights. Lock and shut the door behind you as you leave.
Though the campus will be almost vacant during the Christmas break, there still will be people moving about the offices, labs, and classrooms.
University Police personnel will be on duty 24 hours a day.
Call us at 852-6111 if you need help with an emergency, entry into a building, or assistance to and from your car.