September 10, 2012 - Crime Information
Issued: September 10,2012, 2012
SPECIAL ATTENTION BELKNAP COMMUNITY
The University of Louisville Police Department is investigating a report of a robbery (no weapon used or displayed) in the 1800 block of South Third Street. The incident took place on Sunday, September 9, 2012 at approximately 1:40 AM. The victim, a University of Louisville student, advised that while she was walking on the sidewalk on Third Street near Cardinal Towne she was approached by the suspect. The suspect grabbed her cell phone and keys from her hand and fled northbound where he jumped on a bicycle and continued northbound away from campus.
The victim described the suspect as a B/M/17-18 years old, 6’ 0” ft. tall, wearing black gym shorts and a red shirt.
If you have any information on this case please contact the University Police at 852-6111.
The following are suggestions, which may help prevent you from becoming the victim of a robbery:
• Walk with a group of people, and if walking to a parking lot, do not the leave the area until everyone is safely in their vehicle.
• Remain alert and watchful for suspicious activity.
• Be alert for anything suspicious, especially two or more people just hanging around.
• If you sense something wrong, leave the area immediately.
The following are suggestions of things to do and not do during an actual robbery, and what to do after a crime occurs:
• Observe what the suspect looks like and develop a mental picture so that an accurate description can be given to the police.
• Don't chase or follow the suspect.
• Protect the crime scene. Leave everything as it is. Don't try to clean up or touch any possible evidence.
• Write down a description of the suspect including sex, race, height, weight, build, eye and hair color, scars or tattoos, jewelry, approximate age, and clothing. If possible, note in which direction the suspect fled. Remember do not chase the suspect.
Report any suspicious activity to the University Police at 852-6111.
Call the Department of Public Safety for escort services at 852-6111.