May 20, 2009 - Safety Bulletin
May 22, 2009 10:42 AM
Issued: May 20, 2009
Issued: May 20, 2009
SPECIAL ATTENTION HSC COMMUNITY
On Wednesday, May 20, 2009 at approximately 5:50 AM, the Louisville Metro Police Department and the University of Louisville Police Department responded to an armed robbery that occurred in the 500 Block of Pin Alley behind Med-Center 1.
The victim advised that she had just parked her car in rear of Med-Center One and was getting out of her vehicle when she was approached by the suspect. As the suspect continued to approach her the victim noticed that he was displaying a handgun. The suspect demanded her purse, took her purse and fled on foot east bound from the area.
The victim described the suspect as a B/M, unk age, wearing a red jacket and blue jeans.
If you have any information on this case please contact the Louisville Metro Police Department at 574-7111 or the University Police at 852-6111.
The following are suggestions, which may help prevent you from becoming the victim of a robbery:
• Walk with a group of people, and if walking to a parking lot, do not the leave the area until everyone is safely in their vehicle.
• Remain alert and watchful for suspicious activity.
• Be alert for anything suspicious, especially two or more people just hanging around.
• If you sense something wrong, leave the area immediately.
The following are suggestions of things to do and not do during an actual robbery, and what to do after a robbery occurs:
• Observe what the suspect looks like and develop a mental picture so that an accurate description can be given to the police.
• Don't chase or follow the suspect.
• Protect the crime scene. Leave everything as it is. Don't try to clean up or touch any possible evidence.
• Write down a description of the suspect including sex, race, height, weight, build, eye and hair color, scars or tattoos, jewelry, approximate age, and clothing. If possible, note in which direction the suspect fled. Remember do not chase the suspect.
Report any suspicious activity to the University Police at 852-6111.
Call the Department of Public Safety for escort services at 852-6111.
Louisville Metro Police advised University Police that on 05-22-09 the subject wanted for the armed robbery in the 500 block of Pin Alley was located and arrested. The suspect has been charged with the HSC Med Center 1 robbery along with other unrelated crimes.