September 03, 2010 - Belknap Safety Alert
Special Attention Belknap Community
Issued: September 3, 2010
The University of Louisville Police Department received a report of an assault of a University of Louisville student. The victim reported that the incident happened in the parking lot of Stansbury Park.
The victim advised that on Thursday, September 2, 2010 at approximately 11:15 PM, while she was sitting in her vehicle, she was approached from behind by the suspect. The suspect pulled her out of the vehicle pushing her down to the pavement and rummaged through her vehicle, but fled the scene when another vehicle turned into the parking lot. The suspect fled on foot southbound from the area.
The victim described the suspect involved as a black male, 5’7” to 6’0” tall, 180-200 lbs, light denim shorts and black tennis shoes.
If you have any information on this case please contact the University Police at 852-6111.
The following are suggestions, which may help prevent you from becoming the victim of a crime:
• Walk with a group of people, and if walking to a parking lot, do not the leave the area until everyone is safely in their vehicle.
• Remain alert and watchful for suspicious activity.
• Be alert for anything suspicious, especially two or more people just hanging around.
• If you sense something wrong, leave the area immediately.
The following are suggestions of things to do and not do during an actual crime, and what to do after acrime occurs:
• Observe what the suspect looks like and develop a mental picture so that an accurate description can be given to the police.
• Don't chase or follow the suspect.
• Protect the crime scene. Leave everything as it is. Don't try to clean up or touch any possible evidence.
• Write down a description of the suspect including sex, race, height, weight, build, eye and hair color, scars or tattoos, jewelry, approximate age, and clothing. If possible, note in which direction the suspect fled. Remember do not chase the suspect.
Report any suspicious activity to the University Police at 852-6111.
Call the Department of Public Safety for escort services at 852-6111.