Issued: November 20, 2013
Special Attention Belknap Campus
The University of Louisville Police Department has been advised by LMPD of a robbery of a U of L student that occurred on Tuesday, November 19, 2013, at approximately 5:55 PM. The victim advised that she was walking at the intersection of Fourth and Lee Streets when she was approached by the suspect. The suspect knocked the victim down taking her phone and back pack.
The victim described the suspect as a black male, 20s, thin build and approximately 175 pounds. He was wearing a black jacket with a black hoodie, black pants and black shoes.
The suspect did not display a weapon.
If you have any information on this case please contact the University of Louisville Police at 852-6111.
The following are suggestions, which may help prevent you from becoming the victim of a robbery:
• Walk with a group of people, and if walking to a parking lot, do not the leave the area until everyone is safely in their vehicle.
• Remain alert and watchful for suspicious activity.
• Be alert for anything suspicious, especially two or more people just hanging around.
• If you sense something wrong, leave the area immediately.
The following are suggestions of things to do and not do during an actual robbery, and what to do after a robbery occurs:
• Observe what the suspect looks like and develop a mental picture so that an accurate description can be given to the police.
• Don't chase or follow the suspect.
• Protect the crime scene. Leave everything as it is. Don't try to clean up or touch any possible evidence.
• Write down a description of the suspect including sex, race, height, weight, build, eye and hair color, scars or tattoos, jewelry, approximate age, and clothing. If possible, note in which direction the suspect fled. Remember do not chase the suspect.
Report any suspicious activity to the University Police at 852-6111.
Call the Department of Public Safety for escort services at 852-6111.