September 19, 2011 - Crime Information
Crime Information Issued: September 19, 2011
Issued: September 19, 2011
SPECIAL ATTENTION BELKNAP COMMUNITY
The University of Louisville Police Department is investigating a report of a robbery on Fourth Street in front of Billy Minardi Hall. The incident took place on Sunday, September 18, 2011 at approximately 5:10 PM. The victim (not affiliated with the university) advised that he was approached and robbed at gunpoint by two people he knew (the suspects were not affiliated with the university). The victim advised that after he was robbed of his personal property both suspects fled north bound on Fourth Street.
If you have any information on this case please contact the University Police at 852-6111.
The following are suggestions, which may help prevent you from becoming the victim of a robbery:
• Walk with a group of people, and if walking to a parking lot, do not the leave the area until everyone is safely in their vehicle.
• Remain alert and watchful for suspicious activity.
• Be alert for anything suspicious, especially two or more people just hanging around.
• If you sense something wrong, leave the area immediately.
The following are suggestions of things to do and not do during an actual robbery, and what to do after an assault occurs:
• Observe what the suspect looks like and develop a mental picture so that an accurate description can be given to the police.
• Don't chase or follow the suspect.
• Protect the crime scene. Leave everything as it is. Don't try to clean up or touch any possible evidence.
• Write down a description of the suspect including sex, race, height, weight, build, eye and hair color, scars or tattoos, jewelry, approximate age, and clothing. If possible, note in which direction the suspect fled. Remember do not chase the suspect.
Report any suspicious activity to the University Police at 852-6111.
Call the Department of Public Safety for escort services at 852-6111.