October 21, 2008 - Belknap Crime Alert
Issued October 21, 2008
SPECIAL ATTENTION BELKNAP COMMUNITY
The University of Louisville Police Department responded to a report of an armed robbery of the Wendy’s Restaurant in the Student Activities Center (SAC).
Employees of the business advised that on Monday, October 20, 2008 at approximately 10:26 PM, two males entered the business, displayed a handgun and demanded money. After receiving the money both suspects fled northbound on foot.
The employees described suspect #1 as a black male, dark skinned, late 30’s. Suspect was wearing a black hooded jacket.
The employees described suspect #2 as a black male, light skinned, facial hair (goatee), and 5’9”. This suspect was wearing a gray jacket and had a dark masked pulled over his face.
If you have any information on this case please contact the University Police at 852-6111.
The following are suggestions, which may help prevent you from becoming the victim of a robbery:
• Walk with a group of people, and if walking to a parking lot, do not the leave the area until everyone is safely in their vehicle.
• Remain alert and watchful for suspicious activity.
• Be alert for anything suspicious, especially two or more people just hanging around.
• If you sense something wrong, leave the area immediately.
The following are suggestions of things to do and not do during an actual robbery, and what to do after an assault occurs:
• Observe what the suspect looks like and develop a mental picture so that an accurate description can be given to the police.
• Don't chase or follow the suspect.
• Protect the crime scene. Leave everything as it is. Don't try to clean up or touch any possible evidence.
• Write down a description of the suspect including sex, race, height, weight, build, eye and hair color, scars or tattoos, jewelry, approximate age, and clothing. If possible, note in which direction the suspect fled. Remember do not chase the suspect.
Report any suspicious activity to the University Police at 852-6111.
Call the Department of Public Safety for escort services at 852-6111.