February 6, 2012 - Safety Bulletin
Issued February 06, 2012 Special Attention Belknap Community
Issued: February 6, 2012
Special Attention Belknap Campus Community
The Louisville Metro Police Department advised the University of Louisville Police Department of an armed robbery involving a shooting and injury to a University of Louisville student that occurred near Crittenden Drive and Wainwright Ave.
The victim advised that on Saturday, February 4, 2012 at approximately 9:51 PM, as he was walking in the alley near Crittenden Drive and Wainwright Ave., he was approached by the armed suspect. The suspect demanded money and when the victim refused, the suspect shot the victim in the shoulder and fled the scene.
The victim described the suspect as a W/M, 6’ 0”, 160-170 lbs, wearing a ski-mask or hockey mask and armed with a handgun.
If you have any information on this case please contact the Louisville Metro Police Department at 574-7111 or the University Police at 852-6111.
The following are suggestions, which may help prevent you from becoming the victim of a robbery:
• Walk with a group of people, and if walking to a parking lot, do not the leave the area until everyone is safely in their vehicle.
• Remain alert and watchful for suspicious activity.
• Be alert for anything suspicious, especially two or more people just hanging around.
• If you sense something wrong, leave the area immediately.
The following are suggestions of things to do and not do during an actual robbery, and what to do after a robbery occurs:
• Observe what the suspect looks like and develop a mental picture so that an accurate description can be given to the police.
• Don't chase or follow the suspect.
• Protect the crime scene. Leave everything as it is. Don't try to clean up or touch any possible evidence.
• Write down a description of the suspect including sex, race, height, weight, build, eye and hair color, scars or tattoos, jewelry, approximate age, and clothing. If possible, note in which direction the suspect fled. Remember do not chase the suspect.
Report any suspicious activity to the University Police at 852-6111.
Call the Department of Public Safety for escort services at 852-6111.