January 16, 2012 - Safety Bulletin
Issued January 16, 2012 Special Attention Belknap Community
SPECIAL ATTENTION BELKNAP COMMUNITY
The Louisville Metro Police Department and The University of Louisville Police responded to a report a robbery of a individual on Shelburne Circle of the Province Apartments Complex, on Monday January 16, 2012.
At 8:47 PM, the victim advised that he was approached by a black male who demanding money. Suspect did display a handgun. The victim was robbed of cash. The suspect was last seen leaving the area in the silver Toyota. The Toyota, KY lic: 128-GXL, was reported stolen by its owner the day before.
The suspect is described as black male, 16 to 17 years of age. 5’10”, 160 lbs., wearing a blue jean jacket, and armed with a handgun. The victim could not provide any other description of the suspect.
The Louisville Metro Police Department is handling the investigation. If you have any information on this case please contact the Louisville Metro Police Department Fourth Division Detectives at 574-2300 or the University Police at 852-6111
The following are suggestions, which may help prevent you from becoming the victim of a robbery:
• Walk with a group of people, and if walking to a parking lot, do not the leave the area until everyone is safely in their vehicle.
• Remain alert and watchful for suspicious activity.
• Be alert for anything suspicious, especially two or more people just hanging around.
• If you sense something wrong, leave the area immediately.
The following are suggestions of things to do and not do during an actual assault, and what to do after an assault occurs:
• Observe what the suspect looks like and develop a mental picture so that an accurate description can be given to the police.
• Don't chase or follow the suspect.
• Protect the crime scene. Leave everything as it is. Don't try to clean up or touch any possible evidence.
• Write down a description of the suspect including sex, race, height, weight, build, eye and hair color, scars or tattoos, jewelry, approximate age, and clothing. If possible, note in which direction the suspect fled. Remember do not chase the suspect.
Report any suspicious activity to the University Police at 852-6111.
Call the Department of Public Safety for escort services at 852-6111.