Security Officer Positions
University of Louisville Non-Sworn Security Officer Positions
Job Title: Security Officer
Pay: $8.87 Per Hour
Benefits: Paid Vacation, Health Insurance, Free Tuition, Sick Leave
Job Summary: The primary responsibilities for the position of Security Officer is the locking and unlocking of university facilities on a time scheduled basis, performing walk through security checks of university buildings, and identifying potential security and safety hazards. The officer will also assist in the monitoring of parking lot facilities, performing motorist assistance, providing escorts upon request and providing general information to visitors of the university as well as the university community.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Perform scheduled building locking/unlocking and provide security to all University Staff.
- Perform requests for access into University facilities.
- Report suspected crimes or suspicious persons.
- Report serious safety hazards or maintenance failures.
- Perform written notification of security and safety deficiencies.
- Monitoring of parking lot facilities.
- Perform motorist assistance upon request.
- Perform escorts upon request.
- Perform parking enforcement on a limited basis.
- Perform traffic control for special functions.
- In special circumstances may function as a first responder to fire and burglar alarms.
- Maintain positive public relations by responding to routine inquiries from staff, students and visitors.
- Provide routine crime prevention information regarding physical security.
- Maintains communication with appropriate personnel utilizing equipment such as two-way radios and telephones.
Perform related duties as assigned.
For more information contact Aaron Graham at 502.852.4124 or by email.
Apply at: http://louisville.edu/jobs