by r0stew03 — last modified Nov 01, 2007 03:55 PM
- Provide information and procedures on filing criminal complaint and assist victim to the Warrant Desk.
- Identify victim's needs and refer them as quickly as possible to appropriate agencies for help.
- Provide explanation of court and legal procedures.
- Provide information regarding victim's rights, crime victim's compensation and restitution.
- Provide assistance in preparing for court appearances.
- Escort the victim to court and direct them to the prosecutor handling the case, and monitor the case for final disposition.
- Provide on-going information pertaining to case status.
- Provide assistance in obtaining protection from intimidation or harassment.
- Provide verification provided to employers or instructors of time missed from class or work due to the crime or participation in the legal system.
- Provide assistance in preparing a Victim's Impact Statement prior to sentencing.
- Follow-up of court-ordered restitution.
- Assist victim in the completion of victim's compensation claim forms.
- Provide information on personal safety and minimizing the risks of being further victimized.