Our mission is to provide efficient and quality cleaning services to all University of Louisville non-residential facilities, ensuring a well maintained and safe environment for students, faculty/staff, and visitors.
Custodial Services operates multiple shifts and cares for over 3,000,000 square feet of building space.
- Disinfect restrooms and locker rooms
- Servicing offices, classrooms, labs, auditoriums, lounges, entryways, hallways, elevators, stairwells, patios, and other common spaces
- Emptying recycling and trash receptacles
- Provide assistance with emergency situations
- Removal of ice/snow at building entrances
- Transport bio hazardous waste to designated collection site
Floor work, including carpet extraction/shampooing and floor stripping/refinishing, is scheduled on an annual or bi-annual schedule at no cost. Some floor request, (non-routine, special requests, etc...), may be chargeable to the department that initiated the request.