To request a chargeable service, please submit the Chargeable Service Request form.
Physical Plant expenses are not permitted on Grants or Sponsor Programs. For any questions, please check with your Accountant.
ESTIMATES: If a unit would like to receive an estimate for a chargeable service, complete the Request for Estimates form. The request will then be forwarded to the appropriate supervisor.
SPECIAL EVENTS OR SETUPS: To make a request for special event or setup, complete the Physical Plant Special Event Setups form. The form must be submitted ten days prior to the event. Academic related setups are not charged. All other setups are chargeable.
The following services are normally charged to the requesting unit:
- Departmental requests for buildings or structural alterations
- Repair/service/replacement of departmental equipment or property
- Relocation of furniture or equipment that is not part of a centrally funded project
- Relocation or installation of electrical outlets, lighting, HVAC, HVAC controls, or fire suppression systems per department request
- Installation of window treatment
- Painting - other than normal schedule
- Carpet or floor tile cleaning - other than normal schedule
- Labor and equipment for special events including custodial - if not part of normal work schedule
- Hanging of pictures, plaques, signs, banners, etc.
- Installation of shelving and cabinetry
- Assemble or disassembly of desks, partitions, etc.
- Door lock changes, re-keying of locks or cutting keys
- Relocation of items from surplus to departments
- Installation of card access systems
- Installation and maintenance of security systems
- Installation and maintenance of duress alarms requested by departments
- Window cleaning - other than routine
- Cleaning of stoves, refrigerators, and microwaves
- All work performed for housing, food services, and athletics is chargeable
- All surplus property picked up from Inventory Control and delivered to the requesting department
- Disposal of all refrigerators and freezers for refrigerant & oil removal. A $100.00 fee is charged to the requesting department