Honors in Philosophy
- An opportunity to engage in extended research of a problem or question of your own choice.
- One-on-one interaction with faculty members.
- Excellent training for future research work in graduate school, law school, or work environments.
- Declaration of Philosophy major, with a minimum GPA of 3.2 in Philosophy and 3.0 overall. Completion of a minimum of 45 semester hours in the College of Arts & Sciences at the University of Louisville.
- Contact the Philosophy Department's Honor's coordinator, Stephen Hanson, at least 2 months in advance of the semester in which you plan to do your thesis.
- With the consent of your chosen adviser, enroll in PHIL 499, Senior Honors Thesis (WR).
- Completion of the Philosophy major with a GPA of 3.5 in the Department and 3.0 overall.
- Successful completion and defense of a Senior Honors Thesis.
For more information contact Stephen Hanson, Honors coordinator for the Philosophy department.