News and Events
International Day of Peace and Peace Studies Symposium
- September 20-22, 2012
The Peace, Justice & Conflict Transformation program, with generous support from Liberal Studies, is pleased to announce:
International Day of Peace Commemoration: "Where Do We Go from Here?"
(Chao Auditorium, Ekstrom Library)
Dr. Vincent Harding: "The Last Years of Martin Luther King Jr. and the Future of America"
- Sept. 20, 5:30 p.m., Ekstrom Library. Free and open to the public. No registration required.
- Dr. Vincent Harding, historian, scholar of religion and society, civil rights leader, and Martin Luther King Jr. advisor. Reception to follow.
- Flyer: Dr. Vincent Harding (PDF)
Sept. 21, 8:30 a.m. - 4:00 p.m.
- Russell Vandenbroucke on Peace Studies: A Window to Our World
- Susan Duncan, Interim Dean, Brandeis School of Law on Restorative Justice and Adolescence
- Lunch, followed by John Mueller, The Ohio State University, "the Demise of War?";
- "Hands Across the Divide in Northern Ireland" (art from Ulster Project International: An Adolescent Cross-Community Project).
- "Return to the Land of Dragons: Photographic Impressions of Vietnam," U.S. Army veteran Michael Moryc on his return to Vietnam 40 years after serving there." Opening of photo exhibit and reception to follow.
- Plus posters of student research and peacemaking projects
- For further information contact Russell Vandenbroucke at 502-852-8448 or firstname.lastname@example.org
- Full schedule of events: PeaceDay 2012 Schedule (PDF)
Event Poster: International Day of Peace 2012 Save the Date (PDF)
Registration is $25 (includes breakfast and lunch) for general public and encouraged by September 15 as sitting is limited. University students may attend for free if they register by September 15.
Register: PeaceDay 2012 Registration Form (PDF) or contact Janna Tajibaeva at email@example.com or 502-852-2247.