IPPCCI Mission Statement
IPPCCI is a program within the Department of Medicine’s Division of General Internal Medicine, Palliative Medicine and Medical Education.
Mission: The mission of the Interdisciplinary Program for Palliative Care and Chronic Illness is the advancement of the interdisciplinary science and practice of palliative care.
- Objective: Design and implement interdisciplinary palliative care educational initiatives
Research, Creative, and Scholarly Activity:
- Objective: Lead the university and the nation in conducting and disseminating innovative palliative care research
Accessibility, Diversity, Equity, and Communication:
- Objective: Create programs to overcome barriers to access, quality and availability of supportive care
- Objective: Communicate effectively with members of the public, professional community, and policy makers about core palliative care principles and values
Partnerships and Collaborations:
- Objective: Facilitate collaborative relationships between disciplines, schools and community partners
Institutional Effectiveness of Programs and Services:
- Objective: Maintain status as a self-sustaining, nationally recognized Center dedicated to advancing palliative care