Master of Science in Computer Science
We are happy to guide you through the admission and application process for the Master of Science in Computer Science degree online.
Apply OnlineStart Your Application Request More Info
Anyone seeking admission to the Graduate School, University of Louisville, for the purpose of pursuing the Master of Science in Computer Science must provide the following:
- Completed application for admission
- $65 non-refundable application fee
- Bachelor in Computer Engineering/Science. Applicants with bachelor's degrees in areas outside of Computer Engineering or Computer Science may need to complete undergraduate prerequisites before applying to the master's program.
- Official transcripts of all undergraduate and graduate work
- Two recommendation forms (See Section VII of the application for admission)
- Personal statement or current resume
- The successful applicant will typically have a GRE combined Verbal and Quantitative Reasoning score of 295 or above.
- The successful applicant will typically have an undergraduate grade point average (GPA) of 2.75 or above (on a 4.00 scale).
If you live outside of the United States and intend to complete an online academic program from your home country, be sure to view special requirements for international students.
Preferred Application Deadlines
- August 1 for fall admission.
- November 30 for spring admission.
- April 1 for summer admission.
Note: Applicants are encouraged to work on and submit their complete application well in advance of the preferred deadline, as obtaining transcripts, test scores and other materials may take more time. Applications submitted or completed after the preferred deadline will be considered on a case-by-case basis for the next available start/term.
For more information on the admission and application process, please contact our Online Learning Enrollment Counselor at 800.871.8635 or by email, email@example.com.
You may transfer up to six credit hours of graduate coursework from any regionally accredited university, pending department approval.
If you have questions about transferring credit, contact our Online Learning Enrollment Counselor at 800.871.8635 or by email, firstname.lastname@example.org.