Master of Science in Biostatistics
We are happy to guide you through the application process to the Master of Science in Biostatistics Program.
Completed graduate application
- $65 non-refundable application fee
- Bachelor’s Degree
- The minimum undergraduate grade point average that will be considered for unconditional acceptance and admission is 3.0 on a 4.0 scale. Applicants with a GPA of 2.75 or above maybe considered for a conditional admission based on the overall quality of the application. Contingencies placed on such cases may vary by the student.
- Mathematics coursework to include Calculus II and Linear Algebra
- GRE score submission. Scores from the Graduate Record Exam (GRE) are considered in the context of other required components of the application. Successful students in our program have a median [Q1, Q3] GRE Quantitative score at the 80th percentile [63, 91].
- Minimum of two letters of recommendation written within the past twelve months, submitted as part of the graduate application.
- All post-secondary transcripts in English. A foreign credential evaluation may be required. View the FAQs for more information.
- Statement of purpose that includes the desired degree program
If you live outside of the United States and intend to complete an online academic program from your home country, be sure to review these additional requirements for international students.
- An official transcript in English or a valid certified English translation. Some applicants may be admitted without a WES evaluation. Others may be granted conditional admission, in which case, the applicant will be asked to submit a WES evaluation. An application for evaluation and a list of services and fees is available on the WES website.
- International students for whom English is not their primary language must show English language proficiency by one of the following:
- Submitting a TOEFL examination score at or above 550 (paper based test and a 5.0 on the TWE test), 213 (computer based test), 79 (internet based test)
- Submitting an IELTS test score of 6.5 or higher
- Successfully passing the exit examination for the advanced level of an Intensive English as a Second Language Program
- The TOEFL and IELTS requirements may be waived if the applicant demonstrates a degree awarded from an institution with instruction primarily in English, as formally documented by an appropriate institutional official.
International students will not be issued a U.S. visa if admitted to the Master of Science in Biostatistics online program, since there are no campus attendance requirements. All courses in the program are taught 100% online, allowing you to attain the entire degree from the comfort of your home and at any time convenient for you, regardless of your current location, anywhere in the world.
July 15 for fall admission
Send all admission materials to our Graduate Admissions office at the following address:
University of Louisville
Louisville, KY 40292