Master of Education in Special Education
In addition to completing the application for admission and paying the $60 non-refundable application fee, applicants to the University of Louisville, Graduate School, for the purpose of pursuing the Master of Education in Special Education must provide:
- Bachelor’s degree earned from a regionally accredited institution
- Official transcripts of all undergraduate and graduate work
- 2.75 cumulative grade point average (GPA) on a 4.0 scale
- Two letters of recommendation (link to recommendation form are provided in the application)
- A personal statement of 250-500 words, along with the Personal Statement Cover Sheet [PDF].
- GRE – unconditional admission requires a verbal score of 147 and quantitative score of 142
- Signed form - Professional Code of Ethics and Technology Agreement – [PDF]
- Prerequisite – EDSP 540 Introduction to Exceptional Children (or its equivalent)
- TOEFL is required of all foreign students from countries in which English is not the native language. Students holding a baccalaureate or advanced degree from a regionally accredited institution in the U.S. are exempt from this requirement
Concentration-specific Admission Requirements:
Meeting GRE score and GPA minimums do not guarantee a student will be accepted to the program.
Applications received at least six weeks prior to the beginning of a term will be given priority consideration.
If you live outside of the United States and intend to complete an online academic program from your home country, be sure to view special requirements for international students.
To meet these deadlines, all admission materials must be received by the School of Interdisciplinary Graduate Studies:
2211 South Brook Street
Houchens Building, Room 105
Louisville, KY 40292
Credentials should be mailed to:
University of Louisville
Louisville, KY 40292
- July 1st for fall admission.
- December 1st for spring admission.
- April 1st for summer admission.
For more information on the admission and application process, please contact our Online Learning Enrollment Counselor at 800.871.8635 or by email, email@example.com.
You may transfer up to six credit hours of graduate coursework from any regionally accredited university, pending department approval.
If you have questions about transferring credit, contact our Online Learning Enrollment Counselor at 800.871.8635 or by email, firstname.lastname@example.org.