Master of Education in Special Education
The application deadlines are July 1 (fall), December 1 (spring), and April 1 (summer). In addition to completing the application for admission and paying the $60 non-refundable application fee, applicants must provide:
- Official transcripts of all undergraduate and graduate work from an accredited institution
- Proof of a minimum 2.75 cumulative grade point average (GPA) on 4.0 scale
- Two letters of recommendation (use graduate recommendation forms [PDF])
- A personal statement of no more than 500 words, along with the Personal Statement Cover Sheet [PDF].
- GRE score - For Graduate Record Examination (GRE) scores earned prior to August 1, 2011, a minimum combined (verbal and quantitative) score of an 800 is required for unconditional admission. For GRE scores earned after August 1, 2011 and after, please contact our office for more information: firstname.lastname@example.org.
- TOEFL is required of all foreign students from countries in which English is not the native language. Students holding a baccalaureate or advanced degree from an accredited institution in the U.S. are exempt from this requirement
Concentration-specific Admission Requirements:
- Moderate and Severe Disabilities
- Assistive Technology
Meeting GRE score and GPA minimums do not guarantee a student will be accepted to the program).
Applications received at least six weeks prior to the beginning of a term will be given priority consideration.
If you live outside of the United States and intend to complete an online academic program from your home country, be sure to view special requirements for international students.
To meet these deadlines, all admission materials must be received by the School of Interdisciplinary Graduate Studies:
2211 South Brook Street
Houchens Building, Room 105
Louisville, KY 40292
Credentials should be mailed to:
University of Louisville
Louisville, KY 40292
- July 1st for fall admission.
- December 1st for spring admission.
- April 1st for summer admission.
For more information on the admission and application process, please contact our Online Learning Enrollment Counselor at 800.871.8635 or by email, email@example.com.
You may transfer up to six credit hours of graduate coursework from any regionally accredited university, pending department approval.
If you have questions about transferring credit, contact our Online Learning Enrollment Counselor at 800.871.8635 or by email, firstname.lastname@example.org.