Admission & Application Requirements
Bachelor of Science in Organizational Leadership and Learning
Healthcare Leadership [competency-based education]
We are happy to guide you through the admission and application process for the Bachelor of Science in Organizational Leadership and Learning Healthcare Leadership Track, delivered through a competency-based education (CBE) course format.
Candidates seeking admission to Healthcare Leadership CBE program must submit documentation for the requirements* listed below.
*Petition for admission requirement waiver: Applicants who do not meet admission requirement(s) may submit a petition for admission within the application form, in conjunction with all other application materials, explaining 1) how this program fits in the applicant's career planning and 2) why the unmet requirement(s) will not be a barrier to success in this program.
Contact the Online Learning Team at firstname.lastname@example.org or 800.871.8635 to determine conditional admittance eligibility.
- Previous Education – A minimum of 24 college credits completed preferred.
- Applicants with less than 24 hours of transferrable credit (but who meet all other admission requirements) can be admitted into the continuing studies program to fulfill requirements.
- Applicants with less than 24 credit hours are admitted in good standing with proof of:
- High School grade point average of 2.50 or above, or successful completion of the General Education Development (GED) tests
- Completion of the Kentucky Pre-College Curriculum
- ACT composite score of 21 or above
- GPA – A minimum of 2.70 (on a 4.0 scale) cumulative grade point average for all college credit previously earned (based on degree-applicable credits)
- Work Experience – A minimum of 2,000 hours (approximately one year total) of supervised work experience in a healthcare position, which must have occurred within the past 5-year period. Healthcare experience can be drawn from a very wide range of health services organizations including hospitals, medical clinics, pharmaceutical sales, medical logistics, military healthcare, health insurance, long term care, allied health services, etc. Prospective students can have service that includes administrative, clinical, and/or educational.
- Minimum Age – Candidates applying for admission to this program must be 25 years of age or older.
- Complete and submit application form for the desired start term
- Submit application fee of $25
- Submit professional resume – attach this document within the application form as prompted
- Order official college transcripts – contact the Registrar Office at each college you have attended and graduated from to order official transcripts. Electronic transcripts are only accepted directly from the institution(s). Please have electronic transcripts sent to email@example.com.
- You can start the first Tuesday of each month, except in December
- BSOLL / Healthcare Leadership program has a total of 11 starts per year
- Because classes begin on the first Tuesday of each month, we recommend that you complete the application and submit supporting documents at least 2 weeks before the start date.
You may transfer credits from any regionally accredited university to fulfill the General Education requirements. Additionally, UofL has partnered with the Kentucky Community and Technical College System (KCTCS) to offer general education courses necessary to meet UofL’s requirements. Students who have been enrolled at a KCTCS school and have fulfilled all general education requirements can have them transferred in their entirety and may begin immediately with online upper level coursework at UofL.
Typically, our admissions team will evaluate transcripts in the order they are received, within one week from receipt. Acceptance into the CBE program will require submission of official transcripts from all institutions of higher education attended before. Please have your official transcripts sent here:
- Electronically – firstname.lastname@example.org
- By mail – University of Louisville
Office of Admissions, Dept AO
Louisville, Kentucky 40292
United States of America
- Office of Admissions, Dept AO
If you have questions, contact our Online Learning Enrollment Counselor at 800.871.8635 or by email, email@example.com.