Graduate Certificate in Cybersecurity
The following is required for admission to the Cybersecurity certificate program:
- Application for admission
- $40 non-refundable application fee
- Official transcript certifying at least a bachelor's degree
- Completion of required prerequisites (credits equivalent to CECS 130, CECS 310, and CECS 503 courses) or documentation demonstrating sufficient and relevant practical knowledge
- The successful applicant will typically have an undergraduate grade point average of 2.75 or above (on a 4.00 scale).
- International students whose primary language is not English must show English language proficiency. Applicants must either submit an official TOEFL or IELTS score, or demonstrate a degree award from an acceptable English language institution. The successful applicant will typically have a total TOEFL score of 80 or higher or an overall IELTS score of 6.5 or higher
Students must provide documentation demonstrating background knowledge sufficient to satisfy course prerequisites. This may include transcripts of the courses taken, course catalog description and documentation from work regarding the experience in the particular areas as outlined above.
Students must supply all documentation required for admission to the University either as student or as non-degree seeking status.
Preferred Application Deadlines
- August 1 - for Fall Term admission
- December 1 – for Spring Term admission
- April 1 – for Summer Term admission
Note: Applicants are encouraged to work on and submit their complete application well in advance of the preferred deadline, as obtaining transcripts, test scores and other materials may take more time. Applications submitted or completed after the preferred deadline will be considered on a case-by-case basis for the next available start/term.
The Test of English as a Foreign Language (TOEFL) is required of all foreign students from countries in which English is not the native language. Applicants holding a baccalaureate or advanced degree from an accredited college or university in the United States are exempt from the TOEFL requirement.
Credentials should be mailed to:
University of Louisville
Louisville, KY 40292
For more information on the admission and application process, please contact our Online Learning Enrollment Counselor at 800.871.8635 or by email, email@example.com.