What is Respondus Monitor Online Proctoring?
With Respondus Monitor test proctoring, students can take exams and quizzes right from their computers as long as an internet connection, Respondus Lockdown Browser and a webcam are available. Using Lockdown Browser and Monitor allows the student to be recorded while taking the exam. Additionally, Respondus Monitor includes a number of different secure test-taking features, such as a visual identification method and the disabling features such as Printing and using external websites on the computer while the test is in progress.
You must use Respondus Lockdown Browser to enable the Monitor functionality for online proctoring. Please direct your students to download and install the computer file here.
What are my responsibilities as an instructor?
ARRANGING THE PROCTORED EXAM:
- You must include the following statement in your Schedule of Courses course listing as well as your syllabus: “[Indication of the number of exams/projects that will be proctored.] Students may incur a fee depending on whether they already own the required equipment.” SACS requires students to be informed of any fees associated with the verification of student identity, such as the purchase of a webcam;
- Review the Respondus Monitor information Video here:
- Enable the testing feature in your course
- Copy and paste the provided Student Code of Conduct: Academic Dishonesty [PDF] language in the test-taking policy a student will have to read and accept before beginning the test
- Load the exam into your Blackboard course.
- Determine appropriate action if there is an incident regarding academic integrity;
- Give permission to reschedule the exam if it is to be outside the scheduled exam dates:
- Determine whether the exam can be taken outside the scheduled dates
- Provide access to the exam accordingly
- Provide the student with their grade in a timely manner.