This page contains resources for understanding assessment, best practices in survey design and sampling,and a list of helpful articles.
- Outcomes Assessment: Assessment is the systematic and ongoing collection, review, and use of information about educational programs, academic support services, and administrative operations. The assessment results are utilized by the faculty, staff, and administrators for continuous quality improvement of student learning and development, programs and services.
- Learning Outcome Development Tool: Use the interactive from Arizona State University to assist you in creating learning/program outcomes for your courses, programs, or events.
- Some surveys require approval through the Institutional Review Board/Human Subjects Research Office. Please be sure to review the IRB requirements to determine if your survey needs IRB approval prior to launch.
The following articles are accessible to UofL faculty and staff for Copyright restrictions. Please click on the link to the articles below, and after the page loads click on the "PDF Full Text" link on the left navigation pane (where necessary).
- Assessment and Accountability in America Today: Background and Context
- Critical Issues and Common Pitfalls in Designing and Conducting Impact Studies in Education: Lessons Learned From the What Works Clearinghouse (Phase 1)