The Office of Institutional Effectiveness (IE) coordinates the university-wide learning assessment through the administration of the Collegiate Assessment of Academic Proficiency (CAAP), a standardized, nationally normed assessment program from ACT. The Critical Thinking and Writing Essay modules are administered to first-year students in the fall and upper-level students in the spring. Data from the CAAP are reported on for SACS reaffirmation and are also used to assess student proficiency in these critical areas.
Critical Thinking Reports
- Spring 2016: Upperclassmen (PDF)
- Fall 2015: Freshmen (PDF)
- Spring 2014: Upperclassmen (PDF)
- Fall 2013: Freshmen (PDF)
- Spring 2012: Upperclassmen (PDF)
- Fall 2011: Freshmen (PDF)