The University of Louisville School of Nursing offers one on one advising for undergraduate and graduate students from professional academic advisors.  PhD students are provided with a faculty advisor.   Please select the corresponding tab to learn more.

Undergraduate students who are currently enrolled in UofL classes and need an advising appointment must contact their advisor to set up an appointment

Advising office hours are available on both the Belknap and Health Science Campus Monday through Friday.
Check your assigned advisor’s office hours to determine their location.

Owensboro campus advising office hours are Monday through Thursday at the School of Nursing facilities located in the Breckenridge Medical Center.

Students who fall under any of the following categories are required to be advised:

  • Students with fewer than 28 completed hours
  • Transfer, first semester admits
  • Conditional Admit Status
  • Academic Warning
  • Academic Probation

Contact Your Advisor

All students that are considering transferring to the University of Louisville from another college or university must first apply to the Lower Division of the School of Nursing through the Office of Admissions website.  Advisors are unable to meet with transfer students that are not admitted to the program during  peak advising times.  The School of Nursing requires all transfer students to have a minimum  2.8  cumulative undergraduate college GPA.  If you have questions about transfer equivalencies, please see the Transfer Resources webpage.  If you have questions about required lower division classes, please see our Curriculum webpage.

Undergraduate students who have completed a minimum of 12 hours at UofL and would like to switch their major to Nursing must complete an Intra-University Transfer Form to officially change majors. Students are required to have a 2.8 cumulative GPA in order to be eligible.  Student with less than a 2.8 cumulative GPA will be denied.

Students who fall under any of the following categories are required to be advised:

  • Non-degree Admit Status
  • Conditional Admit Status
  • No approved program of study on file

Graduate students who need advising should contact the Office of Student Services at 502-852-1196.