Community encouraged to nominate a nurse who has made a difference
UofL School of Nursing to honor nurses who have significantly impacted the lives of others
July 29, 2014
In an effort to recognize the life-changing work of nurses in the community, the University of Louisville School of Nursing is honoring those who have lit up the world of others in a time of need - following in the foot-steps of modern nursing founder, Florence Nightingale.
The school invites the community to nominate a registered nurse for the UofL School of Nursing Florence Nightingale Awards in Nursing by submitting a 300-word essay explaining how a registered nurse, employed in Kentucky or Southern Indiana, has:
- Impacted a patient’s or client’s life through excellent and compassionate nursing care
- Improved health outcomes in a population or in the community
- Elevated the profession of nursing to a higher stature
- And/or Inspired others to consider nursing as a professional career
“This is our 40th anniversary year, and we want to extend beyond the borders of our school to elevate the profession of nursing and recognize those who make it exceptional,” said Marcia Hern, dean and professor, UofL School of Nursing.
Nominate a nurse by Sept. 8 at: www.uoflalumni.org/nightingale or send a 300-word essay via email or mail with the following information:
· The registered nurse’s name, phone number, and/or email
· RN’s current place of employment, title, work phone number
· Degree of nursing education (optional)
· Specific patient name or any other identifying information must not be included
Send to: Karen.Rose@louisville.edu or UofL School of Nursing, 555 S. Floyd Street, Louisville, KY 40292, Attention: Karen Rose.
All nominees and the top four - six nurses selected by the UofL School of Nursing Nightingale Planning Board will be announced the first week of October. A $1,000 cash award and commemorative plaque will be given to the winners at the UofL School of Nursing Florence Nightingale Awards in Nursing reception and dinner on Thursday, November 6, 2014 at the Mellwood Arts Center, 1860 Mellwood Ave. The reception will begin at 5:30p.m., followed by the dinner and program at 6:45p.m. For information about individual tickets and table sponsorships, contact Allison Gardner Samblanet, email@example.com, 502-852-7817.