Criteria for Admission:
Graduate Office Requirements
- Completed UofL Graduate School Application, including $60 application fee. Applicants whose last masters degree was earned from UofL do not need to submit the fee.
- Official transcripts of all college course work verifying completion of accredited (CCNE or NLN) BSN and MSN programs. Applicants whose prior degree(s) were from UofL do not need to send official transcripts.
- Two completed letters of recommendation for the Graduate School (see UofL Graduate School Application) which address academic and professional competence. References should be chosen from among: a former faculty member, a current or immediate past employer, or other nursing/health professional. At least one reference should be from a nurse. These letters should accompany the reference form required by the Graduate School.
- A minimum grade point average of 3.0 on a 4.0 scale from a MSN program.
*GRE Scores are not required of Post-Masters Study applicants
School of Nursing Requirements
- Completed UofL School of Nursing MSN Applicant Data Sheet. As a part of this form, you will upload your CV or resume and professional goal statement. You are also required to provide a valid registered nurse licensure number.
- A personal interview with faculty may be required
- A Certified Background Check - Please complete the background check through this link. The school code is NX 53. You will not send this information to the School of Nursing, as it is handled through the outside agency.
Please note that all nursing students are required to have background checks. As a result, the Kentucky Board of Nursing requires nursing students to report all misdemeanors and felonies to them. After carefully reading the guidelines on the Kentucky Board of Nursing website, you may contact acting Associate Dean Dr. Lee Ridner at 502-852-8518 should you have any questions.