Florence Nightingale Awards in Nursing
1st FLORENCE NIGHTINGALE AWARDS IN NURSING
FOR NURSES WHO MADE A DIFFERENCE
Everyone knows a nurse who has lit up their world in a time of need, just as Florence Nightingale once did.
University of Louisville (UofL) School of Nursing (SON) wishes to recognize those Registered Nurses (RN) who have significantly impacted, improved, elevated and/or inspired the lives of others. We invite you to nominate such a RN by submitting a 300-word essay about how a unique registered nurse, employed in Kentucky or Southern Indiana, has:
- Impacted a patient’s or client’s life through excellent and compassionate nursing care
- Improved health outcomes in a population or in the community
- Elevated the profession of nursing to a higher stature
- And/or Inspired others to consider nursing as a professional career
Please complete the nomination on line at www.uoflalumni.org/nightingale and include:
- The Registered Nurse’s name, phone number, and/or email
- Current place of employment, title, work phone number.
- Degree of nursing education is optional.
- Specific patient name or any other identifying information must not be included
*Please note: you do not have to be a UofL alumni to nominate someone or to be nominated.*
Nomination information may also be sent to Karen.Rose@louisville.edu or by mail to UofL School of Nursing, 555 S. Floyd Street, Louisville, KY 40292, Attention: Karen Rose.
All nominations must be received no later than 5 PM Eastern time, September 8, 2014.
Nominees and the top four - six nurses selected by the UofL SON Nightingale Planning Board will be announced by October 1, 2014. A $1000 cash award and commemorative plaque will be given to the winners at the:
1st UofL School of Nursing Florence Nightingale Awards in Nursing:
Reception and Dinner
Thursday, November 6, 2014, Reception 5:30-6:30 PM
Dinner and Program 6:45 PM to 8 PM
Mellwood Arts Center, 1860 Mellwood Ave, Louisville, KY 40206
Individual tickets are $75. Table sponsorships for 8 people begin at $1000, $5000, $10,000 & $20,000. Questions please contact Laura Clinton-Brock for more information at 502-852-1017 or email Laura.Clinton@louisville.edu