New Transfer Students
Prior to applying to upper division all new transfer students must complete the following tasks in order:
- Submit a University of Louisville Undergraduate Admissions Application. This must be done BEFORE you apply to Upper Division. Please apply to the Lower Division of Nursing. This will allow the Office of Admissions to review your college transcripts and will assist you advisor in determining your eligiblity. It is strongly recommended that this is completed at least 6 weeks prior to the Upper Division application deadline.
- Mail official transcripts from each college or university attended to the University of Louisville Office of Admissions.
- Once you receive an admissions letter to the UofL Lower Division of Nursing, which will take 10 business days from the time admissions receives your last transcript, contact an academic counselor 4 weeks prior to the deadline. This means that if you are applying for Spring Upper Division, you should contact your advisor no later than August 15, and if you are applying for Fall Upper Division you should contact your advisor no later than April 1. Students admitted to Arts & Sciences pre-nursing are not eligible to apply to Upper Division.
STOP- Do not continue until you have met with an advisor!
- Submit the online Upper Division Application.
- Submit a Certified Background Check. You must complete the check at this link, we do not accept background checks through other services. Please use code ni53 when asked for the package code. Please note that all nursing students are required to have background checks. As a result, the Kentucky Board of Nursing requires nursing student to reports all misdemeanors and felonies to them. After carefully reading the guidelines on the KBN website, you should contact your advisor should you have any questions or concerns.