Seeking Associate Dean for Undergraduate Programs
Associate Dean for Undergraduate Programs
The School of Nursing (ULSON) www.louisville.edu/nursing seeks a highly dynamic Associate Dean for our undergraduate academic programs with over 400 BSN traditional, accelerated, Owensboro, KY extension students, and RN-BSN online students. This is a 12-month appointment. The school also has over 160 graduate students in the PhD program and the MSN acute care, adult, family, neonatal, psychiatric and women's health/family nurse practitioner majors. This individual will have the opportunity to contribute to the academic mission as a full partner on the UofL's Health Sciences Center (HSC) with the Schools of Dentistry, Medicine and Public Health/Information Sciences, and throughout the university that is the 4th fastest growing research university in the nation. The successful candidate will “help make academics happen” at the SON.
* Lead the academic programs through innovative and quality outcomes.
* Mentor doctorally prepared and MSN faculty in their pedagogical development.
* Perform as an integral member of the SON leadership team and SON community of scholars.
* Promote interprofessional education and service in the university and/or community.
* Conduct own scholarship in evaluative or scientific research.
* Represent the SON among the university associate academic deans.
* Communicate the value of SON high quality education to internal and external audiences.
* An earned doctorate in nursing or related field with a master's degree in nursing
* Eligible for rank of Professor or Associate Professor
* Outstanding record of administrative experience and scientific scholarship
* Strong leadership, integrity, collaboration, communication and organizational abilities
* Record of professional, community and university service
* Eligible for licensure as RN in Kentucky
Applications will be reviewed for interviews starting November, 2012. The position can be filled by July 1, 2013, depending on qualified candidate’s availability. Applicants should apply online at www.louisville.edu/jobs and attach one document that includes a letter of interest, CV, and three references with names and addresses. Attachment should be addressed to Dean Marcia J. Hern. AAEOE