Congratulations on taking your first step toward becoming a Student Orientation Staff (SOS) Member! The selection process is very competitive, so be sure to read all the application materials carefully.
There are several steps in the selection process including:
- Review the position description and important dates. These dates are critical to the position. If you have any questions about these dates, or potential conflicts, please contact Shannon McGinnis at 852.2281.
- Applications will be available beginning September 8, 2014. Fill out the online application and attachyour resume. All applications must be submitted byFriday, September 19 , 2014.
- Ask a UofL faculty, staff, high school staff member or off-campus supervisor to complete the recommendation form. You must get two recommendations. Please do not ask a current SOSer for a recommendation.
- Visit the Career Development Center for suggestions on how to write a resume. Your resume should not exceed two pages.
- When you submit your application, sign up for one of the Group Interviews to be held October 2 and October 3, 2014. Interviews are in 90 minutes blocks and are first-come, first-serve.
- After the group interview, if selected for round two, you will need to sign-up for a 20-minute individual interview to be held October 8 – 16, 2014.
Notification of our selection will be made shortly thereafter.