Congratulations on taking your first step toward becoming a Student Orientation Staff (SOS) Member! The selection process is very competitive, so be sure to read all the application materials carefully.
There are several steps in the selection process including:
- Review the position description and important dates. These dates are critical to the position. If you have any questions about these dates, or potential conflicts, please contact Toree Parrish at 852-3902.
- Ask a UofL faculty, staff, high school staff member or off-campus supervisor to complete the recommendation form. You must get two recommendations. Please do not ask a current SOSer for a recommendation.
- Applications will be available beginning September 16, 2013. Fill out the online application and attach your resume. All applications must be submitted by Thursday, September 26 , 2012.
- See the Career Development Center's Resume Writing Guide for suggestions on how to write a resume.
- When you submit your application, sign up for one of the Group Interviews to be held October 4, 2013. (Interviews are in 90 minutes blocks).
- After the group interview, if selected for round two, you will need to sign-up for a 20-minute individual interview to be held October 10 – 18, 2013.
Notification of our selection will be made shortly thereafter.