2014 SOS Position Description
Each year a group of enthusiastic and responsible undergraduate students are selected to become members of the Student Orientation Staff. In this capacity, they serve as resources for new students and their parents and assist UofL staff with the planning and implementation of the programs. SOSers are expected to make the Orientation experience an exciting and fun welcome to the UofL community.
Selection as a SOSer is both a unique honor and rewarding opportunity for personal and professional growth. Recognized by the university administration and faculty for their contributions, this team of leaders has a significant amount of responsibility as well as many privileges. As a vital member of this dynamic team, SOSers enjoy a memorable experience while providing a valuable service to the University.
To be eligible, each candidate must:
- exhibit leadership potential
- exhibit a commitment to the University and orientation program goal
- adhere to a strong code of ethics
- possess the following personal qualities:
Maturity, Responsibility, Initiative, Self-esteem, Motivation, Enthusiasm,
Team player, Punctuality, Positive Attitude, Dependability and Flexibility
- exhibit strong interpersonal and group presentation skills
- demonstrate the ability to work with a diverse group of people, including students, parents, faculty and staff
- be in good judicial standing at the University
- have a cumulative U of L GPA of 2.5 or higher by the end of the previous semester before applying and Fall AND Spring semesters once hired.
- be a current undergraduate student until at least December 2014