Freshman To-Do List
Prior to Freshman Orientation
1. Activate your student accounts:
- Know your student ID number. You can find this number on your certificate of admissions.
- Follow this link to set up your university email account and other online services. Please note: many university offices will only send information to your UofL email account. Your orientation information will ONLY be sent to this account.
2. Submit your final high school transcript*, any college credit work, and AP/IB scores to the Office of Admissions.
*your financial aid will not be dispersed if you fail to submit your final transcript by August 1st.
3. Students and families can review the most up-to-date costs available to attend the University of Louisville by incorporating individual information into the Net Price Calculator.
4. Review your financial aid information. View your financial aid to-do list through your ULink account. Be sure to complete the IRS verification step.
5. Complete your testing and/or Placement Requirements. View requirements here.
- Students with a Math ACT sub score of 0-18 or SAT math sub score of 0-450 are required to take a math placement exam. More information can be found here.
- Foreign Language testing MUST be completed at least one week prior to orientation if you wish to enroll in a foriegn language course your first semester. You can find more information here.
- Engineering students MUST take the Engineering Entrance Exam.
- If you intend to major in biology, chemistry, math, or are pre-med, pre-vet, pre-dental, or pre-pharmacy you are required to enroll in BIO 240. You must have an ACT science sub score of 24. If you do not meet this requirement you MUST take a biology placement exam. Watch your cardmail for more information.
6. Submit your Cardinal Card photo online. You will receive your cardinal card at orientation.
7. Review information for your academic major to prepare for your academic advising appointment during orientation. For more information, visit louisville.edu/admissions/academics .
8. Review the Healthcare Readiness Checklist and bring any questions with you to Orientation.
9. Prepare your immunization records. Immunization records must be emailed, faxed, or hand-delivered by August 1st. Find instructions here.
10. Be sure to check the WHAT TO BRING list to prepare for your orientation experience.
11. Remember all first-year, full time students are required to live on-campus unless you qualify for an exemption. To apply for housing, fill out the exemption form, and for other general information visit the housing website
12. You're starting on an exciting path to your future. Many opportunities await you - and many responsibilities too - including managing your money. PNC Bank makes it easy for you to keep it all under control with 5 ATMs on campus and a full-service branch adjacent to the College of Business. PNC's Virtual Wallet® (registered trademark of PNC) Student helps you make smart decisions about your money with tools that put you in charge, so you- and your family - have one less thing to worry about as you begin your college journey. To learn more, see the link above or visit PNC's University Branch at 1900 South Third Street, or any of PNC's other 2,700 branches.
After Orientation, Before Classes Begin
- Order your books from the University of Louisville Bookstore
- Order your parking pass online
- Verify your on-campus meal plan
- Read your Book-in-Common, This I Believe, and be ready to engage in events and discussions your first-year.
- Complete your STOMP modules
- Complete Alcohol EDU & Haven
- Plan to participate in many of the Welcome Week events planned for the week prior to the start of classes. Many events are open to you, your friends, and your family.