Transfer Student Admissions Checklist
In order to be admitted to the University of Louisville School of Music, prospective undergraduate transfer students must meet the School of Music admission requirements:
- Minimum grade point average of 2.75
- Minimum ACT of 21 (or SAT of 980), if applicable (see below)
- Perform a successful audition and interview
Submit the following documentation to the Main Office of Admissions:
- Completed application for admission, including the $40 application fee. There is no additional application for admission into the School of Music.
- Official transcript from all college work completed – If a student is transferring fewer than 24 credit hours of college work, the student must also submit the following:
- High school transcript
- Official scores from the ACT or SAT program (if the score is listed in your high school transcript, it is accepted as an official score).
Submit the following documentation to the School of Music Admissions:
- Names and contact information for two (2) references, at least one (1) of whom must be a professional who has taught or directed the student (private teacher, high school teacher, ensemble director, etc.); the other may be another music professional or a high school /college teacher of a different subject.
- Prospective composition majors must submit a portfolio of work
- Prospective theory majors must submit a portfolio of work
- Music scholarship application (optional) – This is in addition to the scholarship application for academic scholarships through the university.
- Intra-University Transfer (IUT) Application - This form is only for current UofL students that are enrolled in a different college/school and wish to transfer to the School of Music. In this case, no application fee is required.
It is strongly recommended that all materials be submitted prior to your audition. All of the above MUST be submitted before the School of Music can admit a student or make a scholarship offer.
For more information contact:
Toni M. Robinson, Esq. – Admissions Counselor
School of Music, Room 116
502.852.1623 begin_of_the_skype_highlighting 502.852.1623 end_of_the_skype_highlighting (direct) ۰502.852.0520 (fax)
Personal email, Music Admissions email
NOTE: The School of Music does not mail applications for housing, financial aid, or academic scholarships. Please contact UofL Admissions for this information or visit the following websites.
- Housing & Student Life - louisville.edu/admissions/studentlife
- Financial Aid & Scholarships - louisville.edu/financialaid
- Undergraduate Catalog (Admission to the School of Music) - louisville.edu/undergraduatecatalog/u09_s10/admit/mu_admit.html