New Freshman Admissions Checklist
In order to be admitted to the University of Louisville School of Music, prospective undergraduate students must meet the School of Music admission requirements:
• Minimum grade point average of 2.75
• Minimum ACT of 21 (or SAT of 980)
• Have completed the Pre-College Curriculum (KY residents only) – see your high school guidance counselor for requirements
• Perform a successful audition and interview
Submit the following documentation to the Office of Undergraduate Admissions:
• Completed application for admission, including the $50 application fee. There is no additional application for admission into the School of Music.
• Official high school transcript
• Official scores from the ACT or SAT program (if the score is listed in your high school transcript, it is accepted as an official score).
Submit the following documentation to the School of Music Admissions:
• Names and contact information for two (2) references, at least one (1) of whom must be a professional who has taught or directed the student (private teacher, high school teacher, ensemble director, etc.); the other may be another music professional or a high school teacher of a different subject.
• Prospective composition majors must submit a portfolio of work
• Prospective theory majors must submit a portfolio of work
It is strongly recommended that all materials be submitted prior to your audition. ALL of the above MUST be submitted before the School of Music can admit a student or make a scholarship offer.
For more information contact:
Toni M. Robinson, Esq. – Admissions Counselor
School of Music, Room 116
University of Louisville
Louisville, KY 40292
502.852.1623 (direct) ۰502.852.0520 (fax)
Personal email, Music Admissions email
NOTE: The School of Music does not mail applications for housing, financial aid, or academic scholarships. Please contact UofL Admissions for this information or visit the following websites.
- Housing & Student Life - louisville.edu/admissions/studentlife
- Financial Aid & Scholarships - louisville.edu/financialaid
- Undergraduate Catalog (Admission to the School of Music) - louisville.edu/undergraduatecatalog/u09_s10/admit/mu_admit.html