There are currently two SmartBoards in the School of Music. One is in Room 125 and the other is in Room 263. below are instructions and tips on how to turn on the audio and video to each. They are set up and work differently in each room.
This SmartBoard gets its video from the laptop via the ceiling projector. So, make sure:
1. The following buttons are pushed on the white keypad on the side of the black cabinet rack that houses the laptop: turn on the Projector and Laptop buttons.
2. Make sure the Projector Mute button is not on ~ not lit.
3. For sound, the laptop provides it via the room speakers. (Make sure #1 is followed for audio.)
4. Make sure the connections from the SmartBoard via the USB cables and connector boxes are plugged in securely and that the USB cable is plugged into the laptop.
This SmartBoard gets its video and audio from the laptop. Make sure:
1. The laptop is turned on and logged on.
2. The video/VGA/big, blue cable connected to the left side of the laptop is replaced with the same type of cable that comes from the SmartBoard. remove the video/VGA cable from the laptop that comes from the INSIDE of the equipment rack, and replace it with the video/VGA cable from the SmartBoard.
3. For audio from the SmartBoard speakers, connect the USB cable from the SmartBoard into the laptop.
Note: Both the VGA and USB cables from the SmartBoard should be left hung over the speaker on the SmartBoard on its left side, so they can be easily found by anyone needing to use them.