Council exists to stimulate the musical, academic, and social life of
the Student Body, inform the Student Body of decisions made by the
faculty and student organizations, to petition for the redress of
student grievance, and to inform the administration of student opinion. Student Council Officers for 2009-2010 are Felicia Hogan - re-elected President and Gabrielle Boguslaw - re-elected Vice President.
School of Music Student Council
School of Music, Room 166
University of Louisville
Louisville, KY 40292
School of Music Student Organizations
International Trumpet Guild
Music Educators National Conference
American Choral Directors Association
Music Teachers National Association
Music Therapy at the University of Louisville
Tau Beta Sigma
Welcome to the online home of the Theta Eta chapter of Kappa Kappa Psi at the University of Louisville. Like all other chapters of this national band service fraternity, we are dedicated to helping collegiate band programs run smoothly and encouraging high levels of musicianship among band members. Here you can find out who we are and, what we do.
Kappa Kappa Psi was founded November 27, 1919 at Oklahoma A & M
College (now Oklahoma State University) by a group of ten men, with the
help of the college's band director, Bohumil Makovsky. From these
relatively humble beginnings, the fraternity has grown to include
hundreds of chapters and thousands of members from across the nation.
What do we do? Perhaps it is best explained by our official Purposes:
Be it known that Kappa Kappa Psi, National Honorary Fraternity for College Band Members is an organization operating exclusively in the field of the college and university bands, and for the following several purposes:
1. To promote the existence and welfare of the college and university bands and to cultivate at large a wholesome respect for their activities and achievements.
2. To honor outstanding band members through privilege of membership extended as a reward for technical achievement and appreciation for the best in music.
3. To stimulate campus leadership and promulgate an uncompromising respect through the medium of the college band for gracious conduct, good taste, and unswerving loyalty.
4. To foster a close relationship between college bands and promote a high average of attainment by the performance of good music and selection of worthwhile projects.
5. To provide a pleasant and helpful social experience for all engaged in college band work and to cooperate with other musical organizations in any manner consistent with the purposes of the institution at which chapters are located.
The Theta Eta Chapter was founded April 22, 2001, making it one of the newest chapters in the North Central District. In the year and a half that we have been around, we have already become a major component of the smooth operation of the University of Louisville bands, having helped them in various ways through two Liberty Bowls, two Kentucky Derby runnings, and of course, numerous football games and wind ensemble concerts. On the district level we have also made an impact. We have had a presence at nearly every major district gathering, and at the 2002 NCD convention, we even won a district award for chapter participation. We also make frequent road trips to local chapters and colonies.
Kappa Kappa Psi National Website
- Here you can find detailed fraternity history, links to other
chapters, and information about what our fraternity does on a national
Upsilon Chapter - One of the chapters we see probably more frequently than anyone else, Upsilon is also one of the oldest and most grounded in tradition of all the chapters in the district.