Directions, Locations and Parking
Saturdays, you may park in the Red lot directly next to the School of Music at no charge. Paid parking is available at several places. After 4:30 p.m., you may pay $3.00 and park in the visitors lot across the street. The Speed Museum garage is available on the opposite side of the College of Business. Rates are $1 per hour or $6 daily maximum. Payment by cash or check is accepted. Two parking meters are available in front of the School of Music and additional meters are located on Cardinal Boulevard. The visitor lot will accommodate quick drop offs only a couple of times each semester. Do not block traffic or park in front of the Planetarium. If you are stopped in the loading zone, you must have flashers on.
• The “Red” lot directly next to the School of Music is free on weekends and after 7:30 p.m. on weekdays.
• Street parking along Brook St. and areas of 2nd St. and 4th St. are free.
• Short-term parking. The North Visitors’ Lot will accommodate quick drop offs only a couple of times each semester.
• North Visitors’ Lot: Across from the School of Music, next to the Planetarium - available after 4:30 p.m. - $3 flat rate.
• Parking Meters: Two parking meters are available in front of the School of Music and additional meters are on Cardinal Blvd, 2nd St., and 3rd St. - $1 / hr .
• Speed Museum Garage: Access from South 3rd Street or from the circle drive outside the School of Music. $1 per hour, $6 maximum. Speed Museum Garage parking tickets are available in the CMP office at a rate of six tickets for $9.00.
• UofL Parking Permit: U of L parking permits are available through the Parking Division of the University of Louisville Department of Public Safety at the Floyd St. garage for an annual fee of $93. The “Purple” permit is available to CMP registrants and provides access to the Purple lots along Floyd St. and Arthur St., and allows access to the “Red” lot adjacent to the School of Music after 5:00 PM on a space-available basis.
Notes: Since we are on the edge of campus, on weekdays it may be easiest to find a spot on one of the surrounding streets or in the lot at Manual High School after school hours. If you are stopped in the loading zone, you must have flashers on. Do not block traffic or park in front of the Planetarium.
PLEASE DO NOT BLOCK THE STREET IN FRONT OF THE SCHOOL OF MUSIC