Post-Baccalaureate Student Admissions Checklist
In order to be admitted to the University of Louisville School of Music, prospective music post-baccalaureate students must meet the School of Music admission requirements:
- Minimum grade point average of 2.75
- Perform a successful audition and interview
Submit the following documentation to the Main Office of Admissions:
- Completed application for admission, including the $40 application fee. There is no additional application for admission into the School of Music. Be sure to mark MUSIC NON-DEGREE on the application.
- Official transcript from all college work completed.
Submit the following documentation to the School of Music Admissions:
- Names and contact information for two (2) references, at least one (1) of whom must be a professional who has taught or directed the student (private teacher, high school teacher, ensemble director, etc.); the other may be another music professional or a high school/college teacher of a different subject.
- It is strongly recommended that all materials be submitted prior to your audition. All of the above MUST be submitted before the School of Music can admit a student or make a scholarship offer.
For more information contact:
School of Music. – Admissions Counselor
School of Music, Room 116
502.852.1623 (direct) ۰502.852.0520 (fax)
Music Admissions email
NOTE: The School of Music does not mail applications for housing, financial aid, or academic scholarships. Please contact UofL Admissions for this information or visit the following websites.
Housing & Student Life - louisville.edu/admissions/studentlife
Financial Aid & Scholarships - louisville.edu/financialaid
Undergraduate Catalog (Admission to the School of Music) - louisville.edu/undergraduatecatalog/u09_s10/admit/mu_admit.html