Audition Dates & Requirements
The School of Music will provide piano accompaniment for vocal auditions only. Accompaniment will not be required for instrumental auditions. Contact the faculty member for your performance area with questions. Audition requirements vary for Classical versus Jazz Studies students. Please see the appropriate links below or contact the professor in your performance area. For undergraduate student audition requirements, please refer to the Auditions page under the Future Students - Undergraduate Admissions - Auditions link on this website.
What to Expect
The audition and interview generally take 45-60 minutes to complete. The first part of the audition is conducted much like a "mini-lesson," where the student performs and interacts with the faculty. The audition is followed by an informal interview with the Director of Graduate Studies.
See the listing below for instrument specific requirements or contact the professor in your performance area.
2015 Entrance Audition Dates
January 25, 2015, 10:00 AM – 5:00 PM- SCHOLARSHIP
February 14, 2015, 10:00 AM – 5:00 PM - SCHOLARSHIP
February 28, 2015, 10:00 AM – 5:00 PM- SCHOLARSHIP
Things You Should Know
- Video or audio tape/CD may be submitted in lieu of personal audition only with special permission from faculty in your applied area.
- In order to be considered for Music Scholarship, students must audition on or before the final scholarship audition date. For music composition and music history applicants, the portfolio must be submitted by February 15th.
- Auditions will be scheduled only if your application to U of L has been received.
- Contact School of Music Admissions (email Tel: (502) 852-1623, Toll-Free Tel: 1-800-334-UOFL ext. 1623) to schedule on these three dates. Audition slots fill quickly, so schedule your audition as soon as possible.
- For students with schedule conflicts, a weekday audition may be arranged with faculty in your performance area.
It is strongly recommended that all materials be submitted prior to your audition.
ALL of the materials listed above must be submitted before the School of Music can admit a student or make a scholarship offer.