The Portuguese Club is a recognized student organization. It is active in promoting:
- Cultural activities related to Portuguese/Brazilian traditions and festivals like "Carnaval".
- A taste of the Lusophone Cuisine through BAKE SALES held at the University of Louisville.
- NEW: Peer tutoring sessions tutored by native speakers or more advanced students, once a week (on Wednesday), to help other students with their questions/homework for Portuguese classes. Those sessions have proved to be very helpful for beginner students.
- An interest in learning Portuguese.
- Cultural diversity exhibits/displays related to the Portuguese speaking countries.
- Connections with native speakers.