Spending a majority of my professional life in Monterey, California, after being born, raised and educated in Germany, enables me now as an adjunct professor at UofL teaching German 122, to utilize my education, training, a variety of work experiences, and my curiosity to learn and apply new teaching tools.
Additional work and team-building opportunities in business development in the profit and not-for-profit worlds which gained me the Monterey Business Excellence Award, project management positions including being assistant quality manager for the AT&T International Business ISO 9002 certification, and being one of the founding Board members of the International School of Monterey (K-8), gave my life very exciting and meaningful experiences.
To come back to where I once started, teaching German, at UofL now, is most fulfilling to me, allowing me to use my passion and enthusiasm to inspire college level students to communicate in another language and explore the world to become peace makers.
I have joined the Mainz Sister City committee, and I am excited about getting involved in the many different opportunities this connection offers for any form of exchange between UofL and Mainz students and citizens.
I am a member of GLIP (Greater Louisville International Professionals), a wonderful community choir, and the swing and ballroom scene of Louisville/Lexington.
German Language Instructor, 12 Months Total Immersion Courses, Defense Language Institute, Monterey, California
- Applied proficiency-oriented, total immersion approach in language team teaching, enabling students to fully function in their overseas work environment
- Student-centured language instructor and superb motivator as successfully measured by students’ feedback, achieving highest graduation test results
- Taught German values, socio-political systems, and cultural behavior patterns
- Organized and monitored new instructional materials aimed at testing future usability
- Tested and evaluated graduating students’ German verbal and written language proficiency
Adjunct Professor for Individualized German Instruction, Monterey Institute of International Studies-Middlebury School of International Business, Monterey, California
- Developed intensive, business-related 3-6 months individualized instruction courses
- Instructed accountants and engineers, resulting in advanced foreign language proficiency
- Analyzed the German curriculum, creating program and testing procedure improvements
Adjunct Professor for Beginning German and ESL Courses, Monterey Peninsula College, Monterey, California
Basic German 121, 122
Basic ESL 121