Finding Answers, Building Hope
We have one of the strongest Medical Student Education programs in the country.
- The recruitment of our own UofL medical students into careers in psychiatry has averaged twice the national average over the last two decades.
- Our Clinical Clerkship in Psychiatry is one of the highest rated in the entire School of Medicine.
- Our Residency Program and Fellowships continue maintain a strong recruitment record.
- Research development over the last eight years has been substantial in the department.
New and expanded programs:
- Child Psychiatry Training Program
- Women’s Mental Health
- Memory Disorders
- Anxiety Disorders
- University-wide Center for Autism
- New clinical programs within our service at the Louisville Veterans Administration Medical Center
In July, 2008 we opened a new 15,000 square foot Faculty Practice Service as part of the Medical School’s new comprehensive, multi-specialty, Faculty Practice.