Application and Requirements
Applications are considered for a PGY-1 match position through the NRMP and ERAS only, if the following minimum requirements are met:
- Must have passing scores on all tests (no minimum score). Must have passed within 3 attempts.
USMLE Step 1/COMLEX Level 1 = passed by 3rd attempt
USMLE Step 2 CK/COMLEX Level 2 CE= passed by 2nd attempt
USMLE Step 2 CS/COMLEX Level 2 PE = passed on first attempt
- Must have taken and passed USMLE Step 1/COMLEX Level 1 in order to apply. (Your score for USMLE Step 2 CK/COMLEX Level 2 CE must be available and posted in ERAS by February 1, 2014.)
- Recommendation letters from at least 3 physicians in the U.S. who have worked with you recently.
- Demonstrated interest in psychiatry through work in this or your native country.
- We sponsor the J-1 Exchange Visitor Medical Trainee Category visa only. Please check to be sure that you completely understand the requirements for the J-1 visa before applying to our program.
- International Medical Graduates must obtain ECFMG certfiication by NRMP Match week (2nd/3rd week of March) and must have the actual ECFMG certificate in hand in order to complete the J-1 visa process.
- US citizenship or permanent resident status preferred.
- Deadline for application is November 1, 2013; Preference given to those received by October 1, 2013.
If you meet these qualifications we would welcome you’re application to our residency. For additional information please go to our website at: http://louisville.edu/medschool/psychiatry/general-residency.
If you have any questions, please contact us.
Department of Psychiatry & Behavioral Sciences
University of Louisville School of Medicine
Louisville, Kentucky 40202
or email: Psychres